When we travel, one of the most important things to consider is how to get to the places that you want to visit. In every country, or maybe in every city, transportation varies.
So, here you have some options to get around in Rome.
Rome City Pass: it costs 28.00 euros for 48 hours and includes unlimited public transportation, free entrance to one museum, and discounts and reduced-price ticketing for events, exhibitions and tourist services.
You can also get the 72 hours card which costs 38.50 euros and includes the same as the previous card but instead of one free museum you get 2 free entrances.
OMNIA Card: it costs 113 euros and includes:
– Free entry to Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel – plus a free Wi-Fi downloadable audio guide for St Peter’s Basilica.
– Free entry to your choice of 2 out of 6 top Rome attractions including The Coliseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill, Capitoline Museums, Borghese Gallery and National Museum of Castel Sant’Angelo.
– Fast Track Entry to St Peter’s Basilica, Sistine Chapel & The Coliseum.
– Free hop-on-hop-off bus tour ticket of Rome.
– Free travelcard for unlimited access to Rome’s public transport system.
– Free detailed Guidebook.
– Discounted Entry to another 30 plus sights, attractions
The problem with this option is that if you are only staying two days in Rome you will waste 37.66 euros because they only sell it for 72 hours not for 48 like the Rome City Pass.
eCooltra Scooters: (This is what we did). These scooters are scattered all over the city. They charge 0.26 euros for the minute. Here’s how it works:
You download the app and register. It will ask you to submit a picture of your driving permit and will take maybe a day or two to get verified. However, you can call them, and they will verify it right at the moment. I suggest you do this before traveling just so that you don’t waste time waiting to be verified or money calling if you are in roaming.
Once you are verified, you are ready to go. Choose the scooter that’s closer to your location and reserve it. When you get to it, you unlock the seat through the app, get